Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MW Parallel violating surfaces

So not a Guru

I have a MW Parallel path that cuts all of my complex surfaces except that it is nicking the corners off of 4 ribs. I've tried a whole bunch of different settings & tool axis combinations, but I can't figure out what is allowing it to do this. I'm posting pics of one of the rib the areas, both the actual model 7 the Verify result. I can try and strip the file down to post it, but it's 35MB as it is right now.

If any of you guys have an idea of what might be the culprit here, I'd would be grateful for the help.

NICK1.PNG

NICK2.PNG

So i'm a little late to the party but got the path to work. I changed a few settings as so plus you were missing a drive surface in a corner, not sure it would have an effect on your issue but you never know with all the black magic going on in the toolpaths.

Missing surface:

MCHELP1.PNG.b7a2ab758b086911a3c55adedc47480e.PNG

Since this was a semi-finish toolpath i assume you actually want to leave some stock to finish so i left .005, added the round corner option, added a few collision strategies, and tightened the tolerances up on some stuff.

MCHELP3.thumb.PNG.6b7998ce090db42f65be35ea5c27ffa5.PNG

Collision:

MCHELP4.thumb.PNG.dd78f9c713f96ad3d6da4bbc268326ba.PNG

Result with .005 Stock to leave:MCHELP2.thumb.PNG.ca307ad9a47ee93cf942b55dcc4394fd.PNG

I had to zip up the file to make it small enough to add as an attachment here.

Hope this helps!

Stubborn path-ZOFFEN.zip

1 minute ago, Zoffen said:

Since this was a semi-finish toolpath

I actually only named it that because the path won't clean up some areas using the axis control chain that I used. I tried using multiple chains, but it only appeared to be using the 1st one selected. I couldn't figure out an axis control method that would allow the path to reach all of the surfaces, so I just made separate paths to finish the areas that this one didn't reach. I haven't looked at your file yet, but that's exactly what I'm going to do right now!

Thanks for looking at this for me, I really appreciate it.

Seems like an "interesting" way to finish the part. That pattern doesn't seem to really flow well with the part and seems like when it will run on the machine the up and down z motions asit jumps over the ribs will really slow the machine down...just some more thoughts

I would break that up into more logical sequence of finishing...ie....finish wall, then finish floors, then finish rads..... more work but it might run faster as all those retracts will kill the cycle time. Or find a pattern that seems to "flow" around the part better...but on the otherhand if the parts are ok cutting like that then let that dog eat!

Always love these moduleworks toolpath discussions....there should be a stickied thread to all the usefull topics involved with these toolpaths!

• Like 1