Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CNC programming 6 spindle screw machine

mmonica

Has anyone used Mastercam lathe to program a 6 spindle CNC screw machine? My company is in the research stage for a potential purchase of such a machine, I have no control info at this point. I know some machine builders have their own programming system (I heard Part Maker mentioned), I would like to stay with Mastercam. Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark

If it is 6 spindle then you will problay have a machine with waits with 6 turrets or possbile 12 turrets. If it will be a machine making all of the same thing in each one then I say you got a pretty easy set-up for a reqular lathe as the control format. If it is going to be a mulit-taking type of thing that that is a horse of a different color. If you got a pic or some specs of soemthing you are looking at to compare to that would most definelty help.

Partmaker is known to have a product that works for those types of applications. Mastercam can program screw machines, but the sync codes need to be manually added. It works, but is not fully automated.

There is talk of a specific add-on for Mastercam for such machines, but I doubt we will see it anytime soon because of the work that is going into Version X.