Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HDPE plastic

mirek1017

I looking for same plastic guru .I have 70 inch long grove to cut in HDPE  plastic .Can some one poiting me for feed ans speed this material ???When I order same profile tool can i cut this one with one shut ,ore I hew to cut clerance first ?? this is small grove 

I attach pic 

thanks for helping 

part.jpg

1 hour ago, master80 said:

I looking for same plastic guru .I have 70 inch long grove to cut in HDPE  plastic .Can some one poiting me for feed ans speed this material ???When I order same profile tool can i cut this one with one shut ,ore I hew to cut clerance first ?? this is small grove 

I attach pic 

thanks for helping 

part.jpg

I would run coolant and I would rough the slot 1st and then use the profile tool. You don't have to hold a flatness or any other requirements after milling this 70in slot do you? I think once you machine this slot in that piece of material is will twist move or warp on you. Hopefully I am wrong.

I would cut it with the same speeds and feed I would cut brass with for a start and then maybe up to aluminum speeds and feeds if you don't get melting. Is the material glass filled or just the plastic? If glass filled then you have a fight on your hands.

2 hours ago, master80 said:

thanks ,I do no see any flatness .I wont rough first  use 12000rpm  39 ipm   an .01 deep of cuts .What you think ???

Should be okay with Diameter of tool depth of cuts if using a 2 flute. At that speed and feed you are not cutting you are rubbing the material off the part. .0016 feed per tooth. Your are machining a whopping .002 cubic inches a minutes. I assume you are going to be using a .047 pr .05 endmill. for Roughing.

For the form tool those speeds and feeds should be fine.

• Like 1