Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Alen Bradley control & G83

Ashan

G83 is peck with full retract to R plane

G73 is peck with a chip break, the retract amount is based on control param gerenally .005 to .05

Q is peck amount for G83 & G73

R is rapid height before drilling feed rate

G98, G99 is Z rapid pos between holes. either at R plane or initial height

Dont you have the Manual for the control? Or possibly some programs already in the machine (I never trust the manuals)? This is some sample code from a retrofit AB8600. The problem is the builder can do what ever he wants. So, there are no standards for AB drilling cycles.

This uses some kind of IJK format

I first peck

J second peck

K possibly return clearance amount?

N264T04.04M06

N266S2173

N268X0.5M08

N270G00X0.5Y0.5

N272Z0.1M08

N274G83X0.5Y0.5Z-1.205R0.1R0.1I0.295J0.253K0.034F20.9

N276X5.458Y4.329

Hope this helps

Mike Mattera

Allen Bradley was never very user friendly. I'll bet you wont find and built in help. The closest they ever got to a friendly control, was to buy the Bandit Control line and then drive that company into the ground.

Greg: Your right about those codes, but those aren't from the AB 8200. AB is one of those wild cats like Siemens. Gotta reinvent the wheel just because they can idea.gif .

Without the control manual or the doc's from the machine builder, it's going to be trial and error for some of the cycles.

Mike Mattera