Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Debuger activation

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem...I enabled the post debugger through the advanced configuration with no luck. I also tried powering down, then entered advanced configuration again to double check that the debugger was still enabled (it was) but still no bug icon. Went back to the previous version X9 and that worked fine.  I also made sure I was current on updates in Mastercam 2018 as well.

What else could it be?

Thanks for the advice...one step closer as I can now run Mastercam 2018 as administrator and the bug icon shows. When you say admin rights for my login, is that the same as  modifying my security permissions (for the Mcam2018 folder) to match administrators permissions which is set at Full control? Does it have anything to do with Network File and Folder sharing when you right click properties on the Mcam2018 folder?

16 hours ago, JCDFCM said:

Thanks for the advice...one step closer as I can now run Mastercam 2018 as administrator and the bug icon shows. When you say admin rights for my login, is that the same as  modifying my security permissions (for the Mcam2018 folder) to match administrators permissions which is set at Full control? Does it have anything to do with Network File and Folder sharing when you right click properties on the Mcam2018 folder?

You are correct and no it has no bearing on the anything related to your network this is just for the individual work station. Most IT snobs hate this, but once they get off theie ivory towers and realize it makes the person using the computer's life easy then most will give in to not having to answer 50 tech calls a week because they didn't do this sooner.

Working for a big company, there are many new systems, standard procedures, security controls not to mention new IT personnel...could be a while before this is resolved. I can at least use the debugger and continue to modify posts when necessary. Thanks again. When the solution is found, I'll reply with what ended up allowing me to use debugger from my login.

• Like 1