Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How do you deal with Op Defaults?

huskermcdoogle

I don't want to hijack my own thread, but the following comments/thoughts will be informational for many who lurk here....

6 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

make my G43 line of code always be at Z3.

You would be amazed how much time this sucks up on some controls if you are in a volume production environment.  The accel and decel of the extra G0 moves eat up a lot of time.  I have seen a reduction of 10%-15% just by eliminating all of these moves and combining with other linking moves where you can.   For proven jobs with short tool cycle times, pull all of these moves out and use G10's for the offsets, and or create an offset check macro to make sure offsets are in the proper range to prevent the fat fingered offset crash.  On some controls you can setup input limits for the offsets in the control too.   But for everyday use, the extra 3.0 inch move is not a big deal, however, food for thought, in the case of this "big crash" would it have made a difference if the G43 was at 3.?  I know when I have seen the tool spiked into the workpiece, it wouldn't have made xxxx lick of a difference.  It all comes down to making sure all data, fixtures, parts and tools, needed are set properly and verified before the cycle start button is pressed.  Likely the error that was made could have been prevented with a simple program, and no "proving out" or lack thereof would have been needed to detect the issue.  Now if it was a part misload, well sounds like you need to poka-yoke the fixture.