Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify showing crashes during rotary position

navsENG

What's the work around for this, besides doing a force tool change? I find on certain toolpaths when it goes to work on a different side of the part (horizontal rotating and doing work on a different face) the tool will just blow right through the part in verify.. Only way i can do it is with a force tool change, but that is annoying to have in the code... 

Also the code posts right, so I am not sure why it only does this on certain tool paths. 

1 minute ago, Leon82 said:

It does this on 5 axis drill too. When we called they said verify doesn't really do that properly.

In 2018 it gives a warning as you enter verify stating it doesn't simulate multi axis drilling.

If we program it all separate planes it works fine

I am programming with multiple offsets and planes. I just selected all the operations and chose force tool change and it went away... I suppose I can do that, and then just flip that off at the end before I post it... Just annoying how it does that. I still haven't figured out why it does it on some paths, and some are fine. 

Even with the above done, there are times depending on how the paths are presented that I see the issue......

I have my post set to give my a jump height at all rotations and WCS changes but since it happens in the posted code, verify and machsim do not pick it up....

In these cases I use a large clearance height for the verification purposes, knowing that my jump heights will alleviate and of those issues...

10 hours ago, Justin Beebe at Folsom Tool said:

This may help.  Open your machine definition then go into your control definition and select the linear tab.  Under Rapid motion select "All axes arrive at destination simultaneously".  This may help for moves between different tool planes but it probably will not help for multi-axis drilling.

That actually helped, thanks!

• Like 1