Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

part time programmer

VICTORG

At this moment I have a lot of programming work for 2, 3, 4 axis for milling machine and also on 2 axes for lathe. someone who wants to help me with the projects for my company by the hour. What cost would schedule service per hour?

I send plans or 2d and 3d drawings to program you just send me the G code and the mastercam cadcam file. I make the corresponding payment of work per hour.

someone who does that service?

• Like 2

Results will vary.  Many people out there and on here doing this.  I did it for a while.  I charged $50/hr, and was likely a bit cheap.  But I didn't have any overhead.  I was using my customers seat of Mastercam, they bought my computer.  Someone who has their own legal seat of software, my guess, should be no less than $50 an hour, but likely is between $75 and $125/hr, all depends on if they do it on the side or as a full time gig.  Full time contract guys are usually more expensive, but when you have them, you have their full attention, and during day hours.

Good luck.  Also on site visits are typically required to at least get a lay of the land and understand internal capabilities.  For the simple stuff though it likely isn't needed.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1