Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

documentation wanted

pno home

Hi all!

I ask a stupid question: were I can find an extensive reference book about MC ... All command with all option explained. I do not want a stupid tutorial “like how can I draw a line”.

I want a good documentation to buy.

offtopic.gif …I have license …

Please don’t tell me to ask my dealer because I ask it. banghead.gif

By the way I am pno this is the home user … first user don’t work at home I do not know why.

cheers.gifcheers.gif

Welcome rto the board ,pno home (just kidding )!

quote:

By the way I am pno this is the home user … first user don’t work at home I do not know why.

Have you tried log out ,log in to the first user name .

Do not forget to add password for the first time .

quote:

All command with all option explained.

Man ,this can be a fundamental edition ,kinda complete edition of Isaac Asimov works (300-400 volumes?!?!).

I doubt it was ever written.Yet make a search through forum on Mastercam books ,you `ll find a lot of good stuff.

I went through hard way ,not many books ,but hard work and help reading and I `ve got it fast and I think you can too.

Iskander s!Z never loose hope !

Thanks for helping me.

I work with many software AutoCAD, Euclid, Catia, Proengineer, etc, and all have included a very good help like AutoCAD and/or an Extensive documentation sometimes you pay for it. … If you want printed or another copy or something like this.

It’s like you buy the ultimate car with computer on board and all science fiction stuff and your dealer don’t have for you utilization manual … it’s stupid. He give you a tutorial with how can you start the engine, acceleration, maybe breaks …just kidding … and it is all….

Online help it is good but it is too simple …look on AutoCAD help. In addition, if you want Autodesk have for buy all kind of reference documentation Commands, Auto lisp, Visual Basic, C++, all parts of this Software explained. If you want to be good, to personalize your software, and work to full throttle, you can with a lot of work but you have a good point to start. …

I learn alone MC with no help banghead.gif , until now … this forum… cheers.gifcheers.gif

However, it is silly to ask here simple question with answer in a reference book of software…

cheers.gifcheers.gif

There is no printed reference book with what you're looking for.

I have used hlp2rtf in the past to get a readable/editable (.RTF) file from the help system. Usually comes in at about 2200 pages though since each topic becomes a page. Pictures come through though. You can remove the manual page breaks with MS Word and then reformat for the size page you're printing to. Then print it yourself. Takes ALOT of work, but if you must have a hard copy, it'll do.

quote:

Hey Bucket, do you actually have this(theses) cd's.

Absolutely Mid_nite wink.gif

I spent my own $$ on the Mike Mattera "tips and tricks" for Mastercam.

My company purchased the FMMT cd's for me.

I'm sorry guys,but I don't have the patience to print out 2000+ sheets of paper,never mind read them!

As I said,the FMMT cd's you can hover your pointer over a mastercam function and a human beings voice will explain in detail how the function works.

I'm sorry pno,but I don't know what else to tell ya.

Keep looking but you answer is right here in this thread! rolleyes.gif

quote:

All command with all option explained.

I couldn't help but notice that you used the "lathe icon" to start this thread.

I am assuming (I know,never assume) biggrin.gif that you are looking for how to use the commands in Mastercam lathe.

If so,the cd has all this.

Go to their site,you can do an "on line" demo of their product.

Now I'm gonna have to stop twisting your arm because I'm getting tired! biggrin.gif

I understand now, if you want to learn well mastercam you are forced to go to curses, …or buy something like this… , if you want a custom postprocessor you have 2 options to buy it or spend tens hours to modify it if you don’t have nothing to start like a good documentation of post, and so on.

After this, you start to work and if you have problems, you have a good support from CNC Software.

However, if you want to learn solo, it’s pain in the mad.gifbanghead.gifcurse.gif ….

Thanks to helping me

cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Most of us post processor "hacks" learned by trial and error. Strong emphasis on error for me biggrin.gif

There currently is no book like "Mastercam Post Processor's for dummies". There just isn't. There's no book telluing you how to build one either. The CD (and Old Book) basically outlines structure, definitions, variables and postblocks. Though with the help of the Post Book (circa 1997) I was able to make changes to the posts for my Mori Seiki's - also with some help from my outstanding reseller in Southern California - CAD/CAM Consulting Services's Dennis and Glenn.

One thing that helps me when I begin a new project is to outline what needs to happen, where it needs to happen. I then create a Mastercam file with a Facing Op, Spot Drill, Peck Drill, and Tap, and also a contour op with Wear CDC. With these few tool paths I can pretty much come up with about 90% of the scenarios I would encounter at any given time. I post it out using my base post (Ususlly MPMaster) and Print it. Usually it's a page so I can print my modifications and go line by line so I can make notes etc... It's time consuming sometimes depending on what I want to accomplish. For example putting in High Speed Control Options took about 5 hours to complete. Adding rigid tapping took 1 hour.

So in a nutshell, get the Post CD for reference, book mark this Forum, come ask questions when you get stuck and you'll eventually get it.

HTH

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

One more thing, there's several unwritten rules regarding Post Procvessor Modification

1) Always make a back up copy.

2) Always rename your post.

3) Make one change at a time

4) Document your changes and where you made them at the top of your post.

quote:

However, if you want to learn solo, it’s pain in the

No. You buy a handbook, or a tutorial book, or a training CD, or the post CD, or the demo, etc if you want to learn solo. All the answers are right in front of you. wink.gif

Thad

And how do you imagine a person ,bookwriter ,writing the Mastercam Bible ?

Every year new version ,every point reliese drastic changes .

And how much of them he will manage to sell -5000 ?

That`s simply Unreal !

THIS IS NOT AUTOCAD THAT HARDLY CHANGED FROM TIMES OF VER 10 -12 .

This is Cam package very fast developing .

Anyway ,Cimatron books ,for example compare with Mastercam really SUX ,and I understand them .

They have smthn like 10000 users !

I don`t think that programmer must learn machining ,designing ,he must know ,what his tools are ,may be to take a course and to learn alone too.

No other way ,ny friend !

And show me please a good Cad-Cam package with a stuff you are looking for .

Just don`t tell me about Catia ,for example .

It costs so much that they can supply you with a complete edition of Charles Dikkens with it ,for example .

Yet I agree that Mastercome books could be a bit better .