Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Needed a Big Plus CAT50 16mm Shrink

I was having trouble finding a 16mm Shrink for a CAT50 Big plus. I came up with a solution I thought I would share. I could find what I needed in C6 so I got a Cat50 Big Plus to C6 adapter and then go the C6 to 16mm Shrink. Cool this was Big Kasier offers it in a 90mm OAL and 165MM OAL so I can get both ordered and get out there in the long tight areas where I need on some parts we are programming and then revert back to the shorter one where I need. Putting the Emuge 16mm R1500 tool in there and doing some Ti Finishing with them. I think I have cut a good 2 hours of run time out of the project going about it this way. Just wanted to give a different way for someone to look to if they run into the same thing.

image.thumb.png.e2d258a632f32bf62cbccaa8a7b28cd5.png

image.thumb.png.e96086180851dbaa6588e9cb1118c102.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I would gladly use Sandvik products if it wasn't for their horrible website and joke of a software. They have made it impossible to find what you need unless you already know the part number of what you are looking for. Something that should take me seconds takes calling up a sales rep with them, which is really tough for someone like me because I'm not actually the one buying the product. They tend to brush me off because of that. Sadly the vast majority of tool and holder companies are stuck in the past when it comes to online presence and information sharing. I look for a holder that not only is a high quality, but also one that requires me to do the least amount of legwork in order to use. When they make it hard for me I will just skip over them because I don't get paid to spend hours looking for tools or to draw them up. 

• Like 3
On 6/22/2018 at 12:21 PM, BenK said:

I look for a holder that not only is a high quality, but also one that requires me to do the least amount of legwork in order to use. When they make it hard for me I will just skip over them because I don't get paid to spend hours looking for tools or to draw them up. 

The worst is when it is the only holder on the market, and you think it might work, but have to buy it in order to confirm if it will indeed clear, or do what you were looking for.