Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCam-Direct

lynnz

Has anyone been using this utility? I installed it yesterday (Norton disabled), but can't seem to get it to work . In SolidWorks, I click on mill icon under MC Direct and MasterCam opens, then says mill.exe has generated errors and Mastercam closes. If I go straight to Mastercam and try to run Mastercam Direct c-hook, it will give me same message as above and close Mastercam.

I suppose I can try and re-install it, but I was curious if anyone else was having trouble.

Lynnz

confused.gif

Paul,

I really haven't messed with my cfg file. I am running the latest Solidworks 2004 SP2.1

I have contacted my MC dealer and he said it was something to do with SolidWorks. I don't think so as Mastercam crashes when I run the c-hook within MasterCam without SolidWorks even running.

He was going to report it.

lynnz

Paul,

I would like to get it working because of the history tree thing. If I import a sldprt file, it is just a dumb solid. I am by no means dead in the water, but if this would work it may change how we use Mastercam for the better.

lynnz

I hav'nt had good luck importing the feature tree anyway. Hole Wizard features are not supported, the holes come in, but on a totally different plane. Lofts and such also are all wacky. I just have been importing the brick..that way I know it's correct.

Gotta work, chat more later on this maybe.

Reporting back to say by relaxing system tolerance and chaining tolerance in Screen-Configure under Tolerances seems to allow the MasterCamDirect feature to work without any MasterCam crashes. The settings on my machine were the default settings that I had never touched, But I changed them just a little bit and it works great. On my simpler models, all the features come in as editable. The more complex ones come in as a brick.

Pretty cool on the ones that are recognized.

Thanks for the input to all.

lynnz