Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Saving Feed and Speed data to library

somename75

I seem to be unable to save updated feed and speed data to the library without having mastercam creat a duplicate tool. For example, I have a countour toolpath, and adjust the sfm and chipload using the feed and speed calculator for the application I have and tell it to save to library. The next time i go to the library to look for that tool, there will be 2 tools with the same number, one will be the original and the other will have the updated values. I would like it to overwrite the library tool instead of just making copies. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

Actually, you can just double left click and change your tool definitions and hit ok and it changes them. I do this when I create tools. Edit the one I want, hit "save to library", saving it to the library of my choice. Then I hit cancel. This allows me to keep all of mastercam's original tool files intact and allows me to change whatever parameters I want without creating a tool. JM2C. And welcome to the forum cheers.gifcheers.gif

Greg

quote:

This allows me to keep all of mastercam's original tool files intact

Do expand on what Greg said, you can create you own tool library, I have. Its just caled Pauly.TL9 That way you can do whatever you want to the tooling and never affect what MC has put in there.

Kinda like messing with the .cfg, you really dont want to mess with the default, till you get cocky enought and KNOW that you are right... biggrin.gif