Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Top of Stock MC 2019

jim1960

I am trying to drill a spot drill  that will be -.8 from the original top of stock, as I have milled the material down that far.

I set my drill linking parameters  as I have in the past indicating -.8 for top pf stock but MC wants to drill the hole at Z zero not Z -.8. 

Am I confused ?

image.png.71e44aa4bf6541a91bd6b72d7f6a3d00.png

Thanks

Jim

18 hours ago, jim1960 said:

I am trying to drill a spot drill  that will be -.8 from the original top of stock, as I have milled the material down that far.

I set my drill linking parameters  as I have in the past indicating -.8 for top pf stock but MC wants to drill the hole at Z zero not Z -.8. 

Am I confused ?

image.png.71e44aa4bf6541a91bd6b72d7f6a3d00.png

Thanks

Jim

If you are working from the settings you have currently in the linking parameters the depth is actually telling the Z axis to move in a positive direction. The TOS is set -0.800 below your Z zero, your depth is set to send the tool to -0.050 below Z zero. To get this to drill another 050 deeper at the -0.800 you would need to either set it to -0.850 absolute or if the geom in Mcam is already located at the -0.800 leave the depth in the tpath set to -0.050 and switch to incremental.

• Like 1