Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HAAS Tool Changer question

motor-vater

Anyway to disable tool changes in a program. We currently have an angle head that runs mid program. We have to stop the program, install the angle head, (MANUALLY change the parameter in the control to deactivate the tool changer) then start the program... etc and same at the end. Is there a macro or somthing to deactivate that parameter and turn it back on after the tool has been removed? Thanks

34 minutes ago, motor-vater said:

Anyway to disable tool changes in a program. We currently have an angle head that runs mid program. We have to stop the program, install the angle head, (MANUALLY change the parameter in the control to deactivate the tool changer) then start the program... etc and same at the end. Is there a macro or somthing to deactivate that parameter and turn it back on after the tool has been removed? Thanks

The only way without a Post Processor modification, is possibly by using Block Delete. Block Delete is activated by using Canned Text in the Mastercam Operation. You'll want to use "Block Delete On - Before", and then "Block Delete Off - With". This should get you Block Delete on only the Txx M06 line, but enable everything afterwards. (Initial Position, and G43 line, ect.)

16 minutes ago, Matthew Hajicek™ - Conventus said:

Why not toolchange to an empty T#, then M00 to install the head, run, M00 to remove the head, and continue as normal?

Currently its what we do but I am worried about a forgetfull person pressing the green button at the wrong time and it trying to make a tool change with the angle head plate still bolted up. Disabling the actual tool changer in the control is all I feel is 100% full proof. 

1 hour ago, motor-vater said:

Currently its what we do but I am worried about a forgetfull person pressing the green button at the wrong time and it trying to make a tool change with the angle head plate still bolted up. Disabling the actual tool changer in the control is all I feel is 100% full proof. 

Wouldn't you get the same result if the operator re-enables toolchanging and hits the button without taking the RA head out?

Do you have a tool probe on the table?  You could have the machine check if the RA head is still there before toolchanging, and alarm out if it's there when it's not supposed to be.

As always thank you Colin but perhaps I asked the question wrong and am creating some confusion. My real question is would there be a way to activate and deactivate a parameter on a Haas via the machine program. Or is the only way to activate a parameter through the actual control parameter page? Its not really a matter of changing the post to output something different, unless there is an actual command that would do what I needed, then ofcoarse modifying the post would be desirable.

Matt, great Idea but sadly no, there is no WIPS system