Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Using G68.2 Without Post Processor

AlexScott

Hello,

Earlier this forum helped me learn about using tilted working plane for my Variaxis J500. I am wondering for positional work, am I able to manually insert G68.2 in the code. I cannot find ANY resources on how to do this.

Example: Machining a handle at an angle on a cube part. First operation I face the cube at b0 a0 then I need to rotate to a-69 b0 to mill the handle. Is this as simple as inserting the G68.2 before the milling the handle operation?

I am well aware on how to program this within mastercam by keeping the working plane the same for both operations.

Thank you,

It's not really that simple. G68.2 is basically reassigning the WCS to a new rotated location. The format for the out put of this is G68.2 Xx.xxx Yx.xxx Zx.xxx Ix.xxx Jx.xxx Kx.xxx. With these numbers telling it the new location and rotation to work from. It's not impossible to do manually. It really depends on where you set you WCS at on the part how hard it will be.

I do this quite regularly to position in MDI to check locations, to position my probes, to check a tool to a face or to double check operators.  This is entirely possible.  Does your machine have the "TZ" and "TX" switches for the MPG?  If so, as long as you rotate about Y, the rotations will be the same as TZ and TX.  Do a little experimenting and prove your concept, do a few simple programs and always use caution since your hand editing code.  As long as you only rotate, no shift (X0Y0Z0 on the G68.2 line) it will always "swing" around COR.  You could also use plain old G68 to get what you want.