Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cutter comp in pocketing

George_Gerhard

Hi everyone

I have done a search but perhaps its late my brain is slow, I cannot understand why mc tries to turn cutter comp on in G2 or G3

I want a finish pass in my pockets, so I checked that, I turned on lead in lead out and select Plunge after first move, and retract before last move

this should give me a leadin in move with a G01 why dont it

thanks

tired

George

You should always (if it fits) have a linear amount in the lead in/out. It's best for the NC control if it's at least 50% of the tool dia. I like to use tangent, with 50% for the line and 50& for the arc with a 20°-30° sweep for a contour. It keeps it close to the wall, with a gradual lead in. In a pocket you dont have that kind of room. If I do, I use a 110°-120° sweep for finishing pockets. That give your a semi "tear drop" shape. It all depends on the shape of the pocket, but you should always have some length in there. Comp has to come on in some kind of linear move for the control to work right.

Mike Mattera

George:

The lead in lead out in pocket finish has check for gouge set to on all the time. So if you are starting a finish pass in a tight area it will some times trim the lead in lead out move to get it to fit. This will sometimes result in just a partial arc move for the lead in even if you have line and arc selected. HTH

Hey guys, I have a question for you about that (send a request to QC but...) When using a "plunge after 1st move" and having a retract or clearance set it gives a G00 (from retract to feed plane)after the G41 is called, isn't your machine give an alarm by doing a rapid move after a G41 or 42? or you guys set the feed plane to a height of the retract you'd like to have??

Thanks in advance!

Simon teh hijacker!