Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Setup Sheet Icons

EX-wccprogrammer

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

C:Mcam9MillSetup for graphic images.

As for New Depictions of tools. YOu can probably create a new gif, and in your HTML code, point to the modified image and it should come up.

HTH

Hello James

I have been buged by this for quite some time and had never had the time to fix it. I do have the images in the file and they show up proper in the tool library but when I print a tool list report all the graphic images only mills? I think that this is also the problem that wcc is having? any ideas?

Thanks

Eric

Well here is the thing about HTML verse the Mastercam method of showing tools. The HTML uses the .gif image files where as in Mastercam it uses the .mc9 fiels for the tools. If you hwere trying to use the custom tools you would need to do a screen shot of the tool and then paste it to paint and save it as a .gif. You would then need ot put it in the right folder. Now you have to create a spefice name forthat custome tool then you have to figure some way to allow the html to call that csutome tool name when you post it out when the operations are the control. I would think it would be possible you would just need to have it the same all the way through everything but if you really want ot see it and thin kit is important I would think it might ne possible but not sure. Just my .02 cents.

Here is the list off of the HTML.SET for tools:

code:

styp0      "undefine"  # UNDEFINED        0

styp1 "center" # CENTER DRILL 1

styp2 "spot" # SPOT DRILL 2

styp3 "drill" # DRILL 3

styp4 "tap-rh" # TAP-RH 4

styp5 "tap-lh" # TAP-LH 5

styp6 "reamer" # REAMER 6

styp7 "bore" # BORING BAR 7

styp8 "cbore" # COUNTER BORE 8

styp9 "csink" # COUNTER SINK 9

styp10 "flat" # END MILL FLAT 10

styp11 "ball" # END MILL SPHER 11

styp12 "chamfer" # CHAMFER MILL 12

styp13 "face" # FACE MILL 13

styp14 "slot" # SLOT MILL 14

styp15 "rad" # CORNER RAD MILL 15

styp16 "dove" # DOVETAIL MILL 16

styp17 "taper" # TAPER MILL 17

styp18 "lollipop" # LOLLIPOP MILL 18

styp19 "bull" # END MILL BULL 19

thanks Millman. I have been wanting to try the HTML setup sheet but just been too busy to mess around with someting new. Guess that's good thing. Having diferent pics for each kind of tool is not very important, just thought it might help on those early mornings when the brain has not quite gotten up yet bonk.gif

Thanks for your time

Eric

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...I make my own setup sheets as a doc file with an image from a screen capture...

Me too, though Dave's setup sheet is making me want to dump my DOC file. It looks REAL good.

...along with a screen capture of the tool list ...[/b] create a detail docfile of the tool list, import it into my DOC and it strips out the garbage, creates a table and inserts the table into the setup sheet. Pretty slick.