Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

sub program numbers from translate?

motor-vater

How can you control the output of sub program numbers? is it in the post? I am subing out some stuff and it is out putting a continuation of my program number instead of something simple like 100, 200, etc....

example

Program number is 7676

( T4   .500  1/2  BULL ENDMILL .030 RAD       2.000 )
G00 G17 G20 G40 G80 G90
G91 G28 Z0.
N4 T4 M06 (.500  1/2  BULL ENDMILL .030 RAD       2.000)
G00 G17 G90 G54 A0. X-21.3276 Y-.4499 S2500 M03
G43 H4 Z5.
M08
M98 P7677 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< (would like something less likely to be sitting on the controls memory)
G90 X-1.5276 Y-.4499
M98 P7677
M09
M05
G91 G28 Z0.
G28 Y0. A0.
G90
M30

O7677 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< (would like something less likely to be sitting on the controls memory)
G91
Z-1.13
G01 Z-.25 F50.
X2.3521 F25.
Y-.2864
X-2.1021
Y-.2865
X2.1021
Y-.2865
X-2.1021
Y-.2865
X2.1021
Y-.2864
X-2.1021
Y-.2865
X2.1021
Y-.2865
X-2.3521
G00 Z1.38
M99
%

Thanks in advance

Please elaborate when you have time, should I move this thread to the post section???

I guess If I really had it my way it would output G10's to just move the work offset down the line instead of using incremental mode. On a newer control with extended work offsets I would just use up all my work offset, but its not an option on this machine. I already am using them when rotating the tombstone so I can fine tune features at A90.  But not to distract, any help with just changing the program number output would be of great help to me... Thanks as always..

So I see why this hasnt really taken off, after an exhausting 5 hour search of the forums into Subprogram, subout$, subout and any other thing I could think of, I get the  sense that this has been covered many times over the years. But thing is from my searches I am not coming across anything that is complete (idiot proof), or very recent. That being said no matter how much I try to understand MP, its still hieroglyphics to me. I have all the documentation, Ive taken the online course, but at the end of the day I still have no clue where to start when trying to understand MP. Possible I am just to old to learn at this point in my life, or the 60 work weeks, balanced with family dont afford me the time to focus. Lol... eithway I was hoping for an easy fix for my mpmaster based post, like a switch for prebuilt logic, but all the information available points to modification and assumes that I have anything like a clue of what do do.

I can only imagine all of the Awesome things I could make a post do, if I only had a brain!

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, motor-vater said:

So I see why this hasnt really taken off, after an exhausting 5 hour search of the forums into Subprogram, subout$, subout and any other thing I could think of, I get the  sense that this has been covered many times over the years. But thing is from my searches I am not coming across anything that is complete (idiot proof), or very recent. That being said no matter how much I try to understand MP, its still hieroglyphics to me. I have all the documentation, Ive taken the online course, but at the end of the day I still have no clue where to start when trying to understand MP. Possible I am just to old to learn at this point in my life, or the 60 work weeks, balanced with family dont afford me the time to focus. Lol... eithway I was hoping for an easy fix for my mpmaster based post, like a switch for prebuilt logic, but all the information available points to modification and assumes that I have anything like a clue of what do do.

I can only imagine all of the Awesome things I could make a post do, if I only had a brain!

Would you be open to doing a paid "Office Hours" session?

I would love to help out with this, but my free time these days is very limited.

My thought is we setup a Saturday session, for 2-4 hours. If we had 10 people interested in learning about Subprograms, then I could keep the cost low, say $10 bucks per hour. The trick with all of my classes is always trying to find the right time to host it.

We could start with your specific questions, and work out solutions. Then we could tackle any other questions from the other attendees.

Let me know if you would be willing to participate, and I'll setup a sign up thread...

Colin, ofcoarse I would! Your time is without a doubt worth something. All the help u have provided me over the years is the reason I am a proud eapprentice member. I’ve always said I don’t know how you find the time. And to further my career I need to know these things. Programming is my life and I want to be as good as possible, not to impress but to make my life easier. 

• Like 2

Hi Pete,

Does a Saturday afternoon work for you? I'm thinking about doing this the coming weekend (22nd), depending on your availability. The next two weeks are pretty difficult to try and host a regular class, with Christmas and the New Year holidays, but I'm game to do it. We could also consider doing it on an evening, when you are home from work. I guess I'm alao assuming you are working 1st shift.

So, what time works best for you? I figure this is somewhere around 2-4 hours, depending on what you want to cover exactly. I know controlling the Subprogram Number won't take all that long, but going over how Transforming works will take a bit to explain and demonstrate.