Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Viewsheets - how do YOU utilize them

Metallic

Call me crazy but Im still not really doing much with viewsheets. Been getting into crazier parts and the whole panning even with 3d mouse is annoying. Is that primarily how you use them, to maneuver around different areas of parts? Any other "hidden" uses?

Everytime i mess with Mastercam i find more and more features of it that make my workflow better, but damn theres alot

I primarily use them when programming twin spindle lathes, I have used them in mill project where the part is being repositioned for different ops. When you bookmark a veiwsheet you can also specify what levels are visible  as well as the associated tool/construction planes.

1 hour ago, Metallic said:

Call me crazy but Im still not really doing much with viewsheets. Been getting into crazier parts and the whole panning even with 3d mouse is annoying. Is that primarily how you use them, to maneuver around different areas of parts? Any other "hidden" uses?

Everytime i mess with Mastercam i find more and more features of it that make my workflow better, but damn theres alot

Check out the attached PDF.

This is all the stuff you can control with ViewSheets.

What you do with them is limited only by your imagination

I use them a lot to define WCS/TP/CP, Views and drive geometry levels for complex 3+2 work

Also to make different setup sheets for different operations

Done properly you can switch from feature to feature on your part and from setup sheet to setup sheet at the click of a mouse

One minor irritant..

When you are typing in the name of a ViewSheet, be sure to end the name with the Space key or the renaming will fail.

View Sheets.pdf

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, gcode said:

Check out the attached PDF.

This is all the stuff you can control with ViewSheets.

What you do with them is limited only by your imagination

I use them a lot to define WCS/TP/CP, Views and drive geometry levels for complex 3+2 work

Also to make different setup sheets for different operations

Done properly you can switch from feature to feature on your part and from setup sheet to setup sheet at the click of a mouse

One minor irritant..

When you are typing in the name of a ViewSheet, be sure to end the name with the Space key or the renaming will fail.

View Sheets.pdf

Well looks like i have been wasting a bunch of time toggling stuff on/off. Thanks Gcode.

This will be a huge time saver and organization method!