Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rethink about Cutting tools

ricky_fire

Now I work AMS 6265 and some like this.

For 30-40HRC and deep hole I work with SECO for drill and big diameter 10-16 Minimaster from SECO or Kenametal with nose cooling.

For 25-30HRC and short hole I use Titex for drill

and Millmonster for miil and <6 mm diameter ..US brand very good surface and tight tolerance. And it's cheapest.

http://www.monstertool.com/index_flash.html

Itry to work eith Guhring and it's good but not for Aerospace material.

cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

Z Carbs are nice, if you do a search for 'Z carb' there is a whole thread on it but I like the sound of the Hanita tools that they're using in Long Beach..

Indexable cutters with replaceable hard seats are nice but only available in certain geometries.

Try GK Indexable for repairs to any mangled inserted tools [boring bars, milling cutters, etc] they'll usually fix it good as new for less than 50% of replacement cost.

C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

If I were buying taps, OSG for run of the mill stuff (Aluminum, steel, etc...)and Emuge for Superalloys (Titanium, Inconel, Rene, etc...) and stainless. The reason I use both is because Emuge taps are EXPENSIVE and you want to be able to justify the added cost.

If you tap larger sizes quite a bit, take a look at threadmilling. You actually have more control over pitch diameter and major diameter.

JM2C

Oh, and you're very welcome. cheers.gif

Titex is pricey, but so is Guhring... Personally, I would buy the Titex for titanium. One job had about 30 4-40 holes in titanium. We tried at least 10 different manufacturers / styles before we settled in on the Titex. We had far less breakage. I don't remember all of the brands, or whether Guhring was included, but there was OSG, TRW, and some other really well known brands in our travels.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Titex is quite good as well. I have an 8 x Diameter Solid Carbide Drill running through tool coolant. Only cutting aluminum but getting killer too life. The same drill has been in since early January. Up to about 4800 holes now. Still on size, still on location, etc...