Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

win2000 verify problem

JS

Hi i just did a clean install with windows 2000 and mc8.1.1 with all lastest patches the only problem I am having is in verify. When I am done in verify I close it out and then try to close the operation manager window this will lock up and not let me close it out, but i can still access the rest of the screen, go to main menu. That will then close out the opps manager. It does this wih old and new files. Also it only does it one time if i leave the file open, go back in the opp, manager and verify again, it will work and close fine.

Thanks Joe

Joe,

I suspect this is a video card issue.

Mastercam is very picky about what cards it likes.

In my experience ATI and Diamond cards can

cause strange behavior. (some irriating, some

terminal) A Diamond card I had caused a very

similar problem on a WIN98 machine I own.

I changed the Diamond out for a 3Dlabs VX-1

and the problem went away.

check for new drivers for win2k with this card.

Just a good start.

The card you are using is not a bad card for MC.

I have been running win2k sense ver 7 and had no problems like this with it.

So lets try to see if we can find the culprit. smile.gif

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcadcam.com

You might try setting colors to '256 colors' or '24 bit color' under "display properties, settings". My G400 card would not work at all at 32 bit or 16 bit color. OS - Win ME

BerTau

[This message has been edited by BerTau (edited 05-12-2001).]

Joe,

This is from the V81.doc file that shipped with V8.1

New Verification Engine

A new verification engine for TrueSolid has been incorporated into Version 8.1. This new engine is from LightWork Design LTD. of England. They have been well known in the rendering industry for a long time and have provided us with an excellent solution for verification of toolpaths. CNC Software is pleased to be working with LightWork Design and look forward to new innovations in the future.

The fact that your Matrox card ran well with Verify in 7.0 does not mean it will run OK

in V8.1 . Its a whole new program.

That doesn't mean it won't either. I recently

bought a Dell workstation that came with a

Matrox G450 Dual Head video card. Verify locked up on me a couple of times and then

started working OK. I had other troubles with the lathe module and ended up replacing the Matrox anyway.

I cut the following from another thread on this forum. Perhaps this may solve your problem. I found by doing a word search for Verify for the last 5 days.

Go to the MILLOPS subdirectory. Do SIRIUS.PRM and/or VERIFY.PRM exist there? If so, delete them. It's trying to use the values from a previous version.

HI gcode

I had the VERIFY.PRM file in there. Deleted that now it works perfect. For anyone else with this card i have the latest drivers and am using 24 bit high color and working great. Thanks for all the responses. So far windows 2000 has worked great,not a single crash lockup or any other problem with any other programs. It was a clean install, mastercam was over V8.

Thanks Joe

[This message has been edited by JS (edited 05-13-2001).]