Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

machining vertical walls

gmenzies

if i pick multiple surfaces . with one surface being vertical . and use contour finish. mastercam has difficulty maching that surface with out jumping up and down.

if i pick the one vertical surface . mastercam will only machine it , if i use (edge settings) roll tool over all surfaces.

and then it works.

but when i select the rest of the surfaces,

mastercam jumps around.

any suggestions

level 3--- 7.2c

I had something like you describe, try tool center boundary. By the way I had a trouble with surface radial finish. I solved it with technical support from Mastercam.

They sent me latest patch for machining multisurface for Mastercam 7.2c

Ask them or I can share if you wish.

[This message has been edited by Jamie Mattison (edited 08-04-2000).]

ak762

i did get support from mastercam. what we discouver was a surface normal issue. when i

set my normals . the vertical walls pointed out. after dynamically selecting them .and reversing to the proper orienation . the tool path worked fine. we also increased the gap settings to 400%. i have all the latest patches.

regards

[This message has been edited by gmenzies (edited 08-04-2000).]