Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Saving Lathe Tools to custom library

Metallic

Hey all,

Im having trouble saving custom lathe tools to my specific LATHE-MASTER tool library...everytime i try to do it from the toolpath manager, it asks if i want to overwrite my tool database. Am I missing something? I have done this plenty in the past, but I have since forgotten how to proceed. Thank you in advance

You mentioned "from the Toolpath Manager", but your picture shows "saving from an Operation".

Try this; finish generating the Toolpath, and open the Lathe Tool Manager. Make sure it is set to display "both" Part Tools and Library Tools.

If "the Master Library" isn't shown in the bottom section, use the Browse button to open the correct Library.

Highlight the Tool(s) you want to copy to the Master Library. (Tip: you can click-hold-and-drag a 'selection window' with your mouse to select multiple tools at once.)

With your Tool(s) selected, press the "Down Arrow Button (Copy selected tool(s) to Library".

Now, when you click "Ok" to exit the Manager, Mastercam will ask if you want to save the changes to your library...

• Like 1

One thing I teach people making custom tools in lathe using wireframe is to open a tool in the lathe tool manager close to one you want to customize. Then right click on the tool and save it to a level. Now use that level to help you reverse engineer the tool you really need. Pay attention to Red and Yellow for these controls how Mastercam understand the way the insert is facing in the machine. Funny 3D tools will not respect this and can have the wrong color showing for the correct facing insert.

• Like 2