Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Canned Text Options

Hello everyone,
   I am trying to modify the CANNED TEXT OPTIONS # 1107. but I don't see it is in the POST, is this where I can modify in the Machine Definition?  What is the parameter# for it?  Please see image attached. 

PS: I high lighted as BLUE with RED frame.  Thank you.

Thank you for the help,
   S.Luong

Untitled.png

13 hours ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

You want to handle this through the CMD through the MMD. Then you need to write the logic in the Cantext section to support it.

Hi 5th Axis,
   Would you please give me an example of the code as the logic?

Thank you for your help,
     SLuong

16 hours ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

You want to handle this through the CMD through the MMD. Then you need to write the logic in the Cantext section to support it.

I have modified the CMD and the MMD but I having found the CANTEXT section yet, can you give me more detail about it?  Thank you.

You have to build your output logic in this part of the post:

pcant_out       #Canned text - build the string for output
      #Assign string select type outputs
      if cant_pos < three, #cant_pos indicates canned text output
        [
        if cantext$ = three, bld = one
        if cantext$ = four, bld = zero
        #Build the cantext string
        if cantext$ = one, strcantext = strcantext + sm00
        if cantext$ = two, strcantext = strcantext + sm01
        if cantext$ = five, strcantext = strcantext + scant5
        if cantext$ > five,
          [
          strtextno = no2str(cantext$)
          strcantext = strcantext + strm + strtextno
          ]
        ]

You have to decide how you want it handled. Do you want default output following the above or do you want line output with block delete, line number and end of block.

• Thanks 1

Be careful Stephen,

There are two different functions mixed into a single "Mechanism" for Canned Text.

1. The 1st option controls "actual machine functions", you want to be able to control. This is true "canned text", and is typically used to output M-Codes, or specific "snippets of code", into your NC File. There are "200" numeric Canned Text options, that are available for you to customize as you see fit.
  2. The 2nd option controls "X Style Coolant", and is enabled and controlled, from within the "General Machine Parameters" in the Machine Definition. (There is a "switch" to enable/disable X-Style Coolant.) In addition, there is a "String Select Table", which controls the "coolant M-Codes", which are output for each "On or Off String", for each of the 10 different Coolant Options. This gives you 10 individual On Codes, and 10 individual Off Codes.
  3. There is also an "All Coolant Off" code, (and switch!) that controls if a single M Code shuts off all the coolant options that are currently turned on.
  4. To add another wrinkle, the MPMaster Post, has "parameter read functions", which actually read the "on" and "off" Strings, from the General Machine Parameters > Coolant Tab. So > For MPMaster >You do all of the configuration and editing in the Machine Definition > General Machine Parameters > Coolant Tab. For other Posts, you enable/disable options on the "Coolant Tab" in the MD, GMP dialog, but edit the actual output of the M-Codes, by editing a String Select Table, for X-Style Coolant.

Again, be careful that you don't go down a rabbit hole of trying to customize something, where you don't have a full understanding of how/where to make the edits properly...