Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Reference home before tool change

JB7280

I'm trying to do what little I can to sort the posts out, at the shop I've started working at.  So far I've gotten 4 machines pretty well sorted with the help of this forum, and my google-fu.  So thank you!

We have an old OKK HM4 that needs 

G91 G30 X0 Y0 in addition to the G28 Z0. that's already being output.  Is this something that can be changed in the mmd/cmd?  Or does it need to be changed in the post itself?

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Old_Bear said:

I would do it in the post...

pretract section

Please let me know if this looks correct.  I would add an sg30       :"G30"  in the "#Misc Gcode strings"

and then,  uncomment  pbld, n$, *sg28, "X0.", "Y0.", protretinc, e$ and change the sg28 to sg30?  am i missing anything?

32 minutes ago, Old_Bear said:

It's likely already defined if you look through all the variables...depends on the post being used

and you would just need to change the sg28 to sg30

it was the mpmaster post.  I did a search for sg30 and found nothing.  So i added it in, and it worked great.  I also took an educated guess and removed the proretinc to stop it from posting B0.  Everything seems to be how I want now.

I'm guessing protretinc is p=?   rot=rotation   ret=return   inc=incremental?  

Don't remove that section, comment out these 2 lines..

protretinc      #Reset the C axis revolution counter
      if frc_cinit & rot_on_x,
        [
        rev = zero
        sav_rev = zero
        cabs = zero
        csav = zero
        indx_out = zero
       #if index, e$, pindxcalc, pindex  <--------------
       #else, *cabs <-----------------------------------------
        prvcabs = zero
        !csav, !cabs
        ]

That will stop the output of the B0 but still allow the variables to update

anything that starts with a p is a postblock.....after, the rest of the name may or may not give you a hint as to the sections themselves

what do you mean by it will still allow the variables to update? 

Your way worked, though I also lost the B0 at the end of the program, which I believe I'll need.  But I'm just asking to educate myself.

Is there any documentation available that i can reference BEFORE going to the forum any time i get stuck?

3 minutes ago, JB7280 said:

what do you mean by it will still allow the variables to update? 

Your way worked, though I also lost the B0 at the end of the program, which I believe I'll need.  But I'm just asking to educate myself.

Is there any documentation available that i can reference BEFORE going to the forum any time i get stuck?

That section of the post is called before a toolchange and null toolchange....it wants to, as you've seen, send the B axis home, reset it's position to B0..

The last 2 variables

cabs! cinc!

That ! sign updates the rotary variable to it's current value but tells it to not output.....so the calculation for the next toolpath begins to calculate it's rotations move from 0

• Thanks 1