Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Reverse Post?

Jaz

I haven't done something like this since v7 or so. I have an old old program running parts and I want to make some modifications to some of the toolpaths. I have no geometry, no model, poor drawings, and I am not certain that what we have been making (and what the customer apparently wants) matches the prints. What I want to do is reverse post the existing program so that I have some geometry to start from that matches what the machine is making. Is there a way to do this with X6?

Follow this link to a freeware page. The sixth app down is "nc2cdl".

It will turn your nc code to a cdl file that you can open with mcam. Give it a try. If you don't have anything else this is better than nothing. It might not read your arcs correctly and the result will be tool centerline path so you'll have to offset it by half the tool after it's done. You'll have some reconstructing to do but it may give you enough to get what you need.