Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Milling h-11

Platinum

Does anyone have any good experience milling h-11 40Rc. I have been milling 50Rc h-13 for months with no problems, but this h-11 is a real banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif I am running the h-13 cutters at the same rpm's and half the feedrate and not having much luck. Come out and speak up experts. Thanks in advance for any help

When in doubt just close your eyes and do it anyway.

Last week I made same changes to a die cast die that was X38 V05 which is a German cross ref of H-11 the Cr Mo content I believe is higher than H-13 and generall not heat treated as hard (h-13 I typically cut is 52-54) this was 48 rc.I did not need to drill so cant help with that.It was actually a wide open surfacing change with quite a bit of steel removal in the cavity - heres what I ran. rough 1/2 ball 9500 rpms 105 ipm .03 depth of cut .1 step over, 3/8 ball 11,000 rpms 105 ipm z level finish - 6mm ball 18,500 112 ipm same path and some ribs with a 3mm ball 26,000 54ipm(had to cut that one back a little) Its the same I would have ran H-13 at with a little more wear

but nothing concerning. I probably would kick the feed up and spindle speed down if I had considerable problems with tool wear. Ran garr TiAln coted 3 flutes and 6mm and 3 mm were garr Balnits.