So not a Guru

Active Reports tool sorting

I was wondering that myself. Which raises a larger question. Can you customize the output. I'd like to see tool projection on the list.

What's the point of defining that if you have to manually type it in.

Thanks

1 hour ago, rdsnx said:

I was wondering that myself. Which raises a larger question. Can you customize the output. I'd like to see tool projection on the list.

What's the point of defining that if you have to manually type it in.

Thanks

The tag "OVERALL-LENGTH" outputs the projection

Thanks. Um...that sounds easy, but I don't know what that involves. (I haven't done any serious work on MC since X2. I have a lot of catching up to do.)

Does that mean editing the RPX file? I noticed in configuration that there is a simple and detailed tool list. But when I generate a list I don't see the option of choosing one or the other. BTW, I'm on 2018.

1 hour ago, rdsnx said:

Thanks. Um...that sounds easy, but I don't know what that involves. (I haven't done any serious work on MC since X2. I have a lot of catching up to do.)

Does that mean editing the RPX file? I noticed in configuration that there is a simple and detailed tool list. But when I generate a list I don't see the option of choosing one or the other. BTW, I'm on 2018.

I'm using custom made sheets. You can make your own custom sheets, there are tutorials available from the Mastercam site.

I got it.

Open the tools subreport, select "Sort Tools" from the Detail drop-down, enter "ASCENDING" in "Datafield" .

Edited by So not a Guru
to clarify
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, So not a Guru said:

Open the tools subreport, select "Sort Tools" from the Detail drop-down, enter "ASCENDING" in "Datafield"

You also have to select ascending in the setup sheet dialog

Guys, I have modify one of the MILL2 report for myself. Its is compact, simple and it can work with mill and lathe setup sheet. if any body likes a copy let me know, I will upload template. Sample is attached

HAAS VF 4X.pdf

2 minutes ago, kool said:

Guys, I have modify one of the MILL2 report for myself. Its is compact, simple and it can work with mill and lathe setup sheet. if any body likes a copy let me know, I will upload template. Sample is attached

HAAS VF 4X.pdf

I'd love a copy. I'm getting the hang of Active reports, but still having trouble getting viewsheet captures to function.

I've got our Active reports setup sheet like we want it,except for the viewsheet captures. I can't figure out how to configure the Capture node.

Has anyone got this to work?

This is mine as it stands right now. If anyone wants it let me know & I'll upload it to my dropbox.

mill2b.pdf

6 hours ago, kool said:

HAAS VF 4X.pdf

Good work!!

I like pictures of the holders that Varco Reports does. I have to communicate to a diverse customer base and Varco reports so far has been well accepted by them all.