Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Importing Files

Tiny

I am a High School student and we use mastercam in my class we also use the Rhinoceros drafting system ,and I was wondering if anyone in here knows how to import Rhinoceros files into mastercam???

Im using mastercam version 6

Thank You

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Version 6, that may pose a problem. Version 6 is like 6 or 7 years ago. It's IGES converter may have problems reading in a newer filr. If you have to work in 6 best bet it to read Rhino into MC, save as Mc8, Close V9, Open V8, open file, save as V7. CLose V8, Open V7 and save as GE3, them open in Version 6.

JM2C

Tiny,

About your only hope of brining in a modern Rhino file into Mcam V6 is if you can "downgrade" the Rhino file to a version of Rhino that may have been avaiable 6 or 7 years ago. I'm not even sure if Rhino was around that long ago. IGES would be your only choice for surfaces as well. If you can upload the Rhino Iges to the FTP site link up above (cadcam's FTP site), maybe one of the members here can bring it into their current version of Mcam and convert it for you. You may have to ask "pretty please" though. biggrin.gif HTH