Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TERRYH

we are looking to going to 2021 we have it on all our computers and I have been playing around with it to see the differences I can find, I use blend a little and seen they added a surface high speed blend but when I try to use it to see how it does I get this warning what is causing it? We pay for maint and license. 

new.PNG

Open your OP Defaults

Right click in the toolpath area >> Find the path that's missing and click on it...

Green Check all the way out, it will now be added to your op defaults

This happens because you updated an older OP Default file that the toolpath in question did not exist within...

The process above will add that path to the older OP Default file

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, TERRYH said:

we are looking to going to 2021 we have it on all our computers and I have been playing around with it to see the differences I can find, I use blend a little and seen they added a surface high speed blend but when I try to use it to see how it does I get this warning what is causing it? We pay for maint and license. 

new.PNG

I tried to click okay..

8 hours ago, JParis said:

Open your OP Defaults

Right click in the toolpath area >> Find the path that's missing and click on it...

Green Check all the way out, it will now be added to your op defaults

This happens because you updated an older OP Default file that the toolpath in question did not exist within...

The process above will add that path to the older OP Default file 

Although this will work, I would recommend that instead of doing the right click > new toolpath method, you instead right click > Import toolpath.  Choose the defaults file that ships with Mastercam.  For example, in Mill, it would be C:\Program Files\Mastercam 2022\Mastercam\common\SharedDefaults\mill\Ops\

We do try to hard to get logical defaults in the shipped product, and you might miss them if you just create one from scratch in your defaults file. 

Just because it's interesting to nerds like me, when you create a toolpath it goes through a hierarchy to try to figure out what settings it should use.  It starts by looking to see if there's any other of that toolpath in this file.  If there's not, it looks for the default file.  If there's still not, then you're going to get some programmatic defaults, like your linking clearances might be set to 0 or something, just so the toolpath can be created.

• Like 1