Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Operation defaults

Elmer Fudd

8 hours ago, Elmer Fudd said:

So you set the default operation defaults in your config and you set them in your machine group properties. The machine group seems to take precedence. Is there a way to make the config operation defaults take precedence?   TIA  Elmer.

What defaults in the config are you referring to?

The Machine group, when you create it takes a current copy of your defaults and loads them into your file...

You need to the click on the exclamation point at the end of the Operations defaults line and edit those...that will make the edits in the master op defaults, then when you green click out you need to replace the machine with the same machine group and those defaults with load going forward.

4 minutes ago, Elmer Fudd said:

My problem is the lead programmer has his defaults saved in the "machine group defaults" . Another programmer wants his defaults to come in preloaded. I told him to just go into "machine group properties" and load them at the start of a new job but he would like them preloaded.

Your programmers should create unique Shared Mastercam folders so that their preferences don't conflict, if this is a shared computer issue, but maybe I'm not understanding.

7 minutes ago, Elmer Fudd said:

My problem is the lead programmer has his defaults saved in the "machine group defaults" . Another programmer wants his defaults to come in preloaded. I told him to just go into "machine group properties" and load them at the start of a new job but he would like them preloaded.

here is a video on how to fix this, Op lib defaults are machines specific, the Control Definition controls it not the config, link to video below:

https://fastechincorporated-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/support_fastechinc_net/EWSwG2cfpg9Amci9vz2TUyIBI-SgZwjDYbm69AJkbu5gUQ?e=8CmS0v

15 minutes ago, JoshC said:

Op lib defaults are machines specific, the Control Definition controls it not the config,

Yes, this is what I thought. All of our machine defs, control defs and posts are on the network so when he saves his defaults it changes the disk copy. not good. I told him to just load his defaults as he goes for now but I would look for a way to have his defaults load automatically.  Thanks everybody. Sorry for any confusion as I know that I am having a hard time explaining this.

11 minutes ago, Elmer Fudd said:

Yes, this is what I thought. All of our machine defs, control defs and posts are on the network so when he saves his defaults it changes the disk copy. not good. I told him to just load his defaults as he goes for now but I would look for a way to have his defaults load automatically.  Thanks everybody. Sorry for any confusion as I know that I am having a hard time explaining this.

its should be pretty simple, just paste the Op library that you want to use on a server (in a location that all mastercam pcs can access), and if everyones using the posts from the server just have someone load the machine, change the library where i showed in that video and it should apply to everyone, when anyone in the shop loads that machine it will auto pull the proper op library. it should be really simple if they do it like i showed in my video, the key is to make sure the library they are selecting is accessible by all by placing the library on the server. 

• Thanks 1