Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating a more dynamic "mill off"

CNCZACK

I've got a pretty basic part here which just requires milling off the radius , but I didn't know if there was a more dynamic way of programming this. Currently ive got a contour geometry and have multi passes turned on for the step over to create something somewhat "dynamic".  Any suggestions? Weve already ran several of these but im not too happy with how they are running. Ive changed the lead in and lead out for the entrance. you can also see there's a .125 rad in the solid but im using a .5 because the radius doesnt matter. as it comes into the corner is where some of the issues lie. 

I was really wanting to test out our new 8 flute endmill on this part but as of right now im not going to with this toolpath currently 

mill part.mcam

I don't know if I am fully understanding what you mean by the stuff with the radii but i think the attached example is maybe what your looking for, i used Dynamic Contour toolpath, then with the dynamic contour toolpath you can specify how much stock is on the contour with the wall stock page. i cant get the file to upload for some reason so its a onedrive link below

https://fastechincorporated-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/support_fastechinc_net/EZVnElfl-shKivz-udQ263IBXxrC82rqyhwL_TbJTK0J3g?e=9Wsemu

is that similar to what you were after?

• Thanks 1

so whats the trick that you guys use to attach files to these forums? when i attempt to reply with an attachment emastercam always says "file too large and says my max total size is .02mb, how do you guys manage to attach part files successfully? I feel like Emastercam always limits me to .02mb and i cant ever get anything to upload, is there a trick that i am missing?

8 minutes ago, JoshC said:

I don't know if I am fully understanding what you mean by the stuff with the radii but i think the attached example is maybe what your looking for, i used Dynamic Contour toolpath, then with the dynamic contour toolpath you can specify how much stock is on the contour with the wall stock page. i cant get the file to upload for some reason so its a onedrive link below

https://fastechincorporated-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/support_fastechinc_net/EZVnElfl-shKivz-udQ263IBXxrC82rqyhwL_TbJTK0J3g?e=9Wsemu

is that similar to what you were after?

yes, I actually tried dynamic contour earlier but didnt get the result i was after so i just did a quick familiar contour lol 

2 minutes ago, JoshC said:

so whats the trick that you guys use to attach files to these forums? when i attempt to reply with an attachment emastercam always says "file too large and says my max total size is .02mb, how do you guys manage to attach part files successfully? I feel like Emastercam always limits me to .02mb and i cant ever get anything to upload, is there a trick that i am missing?

I just click choose files... then it looks like everything ive attached is around 749kb-1200. 

the page below cut parameters has stock thickness that you use with dynamic contour, need to enter how much wall stock you have on the contour when you use that toolpath, that was likely what you missed when trying this path. 

Jparis's i thought looked a bit better than the one i showed, but both are pretty dang similar so it likely wont matter which one of our two examples you go with.

Also i think i just figured out why i am limited on file size so nevermind on the question i had about file uploading on here, looks like ill have to delete most of my old uploads and then ill be able to upload files again, i didnt know each user had a max limit of files that could be uploaded so that makes sense

• Like 1

Here's a Dynamic Contour option

Note the settings on the Contour Wall as well as the lines I added at the start and end...

JP2_mill part.mcam

7 minutes ago, JoshC said:

Check your already uploaded files...we only get 25 megs here...I clean mine out on occasion

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, CNCZACK said:

Jparis & Josh both of you had added some great dynamic paths. They both were exactly what I was looking for also JParis both options youve shown look great! 

On the Dynamic Contour option, look over all the settings well and the geometry used..that path can be a great help once you can define it properly...I fought with it originally but finally got it tamed.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JParis said:

On the Dynamic Contour option, look over all the settings well and the geometry used..that path can be a great help once you can define it properly...I fought with it originally but finally got it tamed.

ive avoided using it for a while now. it always seemed a little "buggy" to me but i can see now in a real time example that it is indeed usable and great if done right 

13 minutes ago, JoshC said:

the page below cut parameters has stock thickness that you use with dynamic contour, need to enter how much wall stock you have on the contour when you use that toolpath, that was likely what you missed when trying this path. 

Jparis's i thought looked a bit better than the one i showed, but both are pretty dang similar so it likely wont matter which one of our two examples you go with.

Also i think i just figured out why i am limited on file size so nevermind on the question i had about file uploading on here, looks like ill have to delete most of my old uploads and then ill be able to upload files again, i didnt know each user had a max limit of files that could be uploaded so that makes sense

i didnt even looked at stock thickness lol. i noticed there are a few things ive over looked with this toolpath 

• Like 1