Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Indexing 5 axis part

PE @ IHS

Hello folks

Has anyone here done any indexing 5 axis parts for stamping dies (not sync 5 axis). I have a potential customer that does this type of work but won't show me any cad files because of confidentiality. I can't figure out what type of a die would require indexing 5 axis toolpaths ( programmable head that locks into place prior to machining.) There is very little drilling involved, mostly pockets and contours.

If you have done or seen this type of application, would you be able to share a file or two?

Thanks in advance

Dave

I have some customers doing 3+2 positioning. Usually it is because the head goes into cavity.

Picture a pocket 13" deep by 36"X36"

The walls and bout 5-6" of the floor are done at 45 degrees the rest of floor is done woth ead at zero. Lots of containment boundries and toolplanes.

Millman does alot of parts like this. I'll see if I have a sample tommorrow when I into office.