Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating Different Machine Defs

I got a post from my dealer that I want to move forward with. We added an MI5 variable so I can control gear changes. The post looks fine. So I load it in the machine def manager change the max rpms, and coolant on and off commands. Then I hit save_as and rename it as "Haas VF-6 3x". I load that machine definition and start to program it... MI5 is blank. What am I doing wrong when I am creating a new machine def off an old one. When I check the file paths they are all correct.

It might be the "default" vs the "named" control def settings (which includes the control text). When you make CD edits, you basically have to make them twice. Once to the active post, and a second time to the default.

If I had to guess, the "named" control text was edited, but not the "default" so when you re-named it, the "default" text now being pulled in, without the misc. I think the C-hook would take care of this as recommended above.

You can also go into your control definition (or the ctrl text at the end of the ,pst file) and edit the text right in there to edit the misc value text.

We always try to maintain a single "default" version of the control text in the .pst file to try and reduce this sort of thing, but it can be tough to avoid if your running into to frequently.

• Like 1