Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dynamic work offset

Diego87

Hello I'm from Costa Rica I have a Mazak VC500 /5X I use mastercam to do the program but I don't how to use 5 axis, so my mastercam reseller told me that I should put my origin in the program in the same place when I put the piece on my machine  table, but if I change the position to my piece I need to do a new program. I think that should be an option that it doesn't Matter where I put my piece, machine can to reconize the position. 

6 minutes ago, Leon82 said:

There is that option and every machine control calls it something different. If it's not on the machine you may have to pay for an upgrade

Ok, so this option It's from the machine or the software? Some people told that could be the post. Another question if I need to do a 3+2 piece, in mastercam just I have to put a new origin on the Piece when I rotate it?

2 hours ago, Diego87 said:

Ok, so this option It's from the machine or the software? Some people told that could be the post. Another question if I need to do a 3+2 piece, in mastercam just I have to put a new origin on the Piece when I rotate it?

Most posts have internal switches to control output

• Like 1

Point of information;

Most programmers misapply the term "Dynamic Offset".

On a FANUC Control "Rotary Table Dynamic Fixture Offset" (RTDFO) is a very specific function with a specific G-Code (G54.2) to activate it, AND it must be set up a certain way in order to function correctly. There are two typical scenarios that can work correctly; 1) Common Offset Contains the center of rotation values, and small shifts are applied to the Work Offset in case needed, then the distance from center of rotation to the part origin point goes into the Dynamic Fixture Offset page. 2) The Work Offset Contains the Center of Rotation values and the Common Work Offset contains small shifts, then the distance from center of rotation to the part origin point goes into the Dynamic Fixture Offset page. This can compensate for X, Y, X, and the Primary and Secondary rotary axes. This function should not be used for simultaneous 5-Axis cutting. I've heard it can be used, however, I can see certain machine kinematic errors (the 1/2 offsets in particular) not being compensated for thus inducing error in the process.

People often mistake Work Setting Error Compensation (WSEC for short) G54.4 for Dynamic Offset. WSEC requires the kinematic (often different from center of rotation) locations to be in the parameter table to function and will compensate in X, Y, Z, A, B, and C if needed. RTDFO is not capable of this.  They are two completely different and separate functions.

• Like 3