Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dynamic opti-rest max depth

TheePres

Hello,

Using Dynamic Opti-rest with a highfeed facemill. I am unable to get cutter to the depth required.

I'll use screen shots, as not allowed to share my file, to try to explain the situation.

I created a stock model, picture #1, and using this as stock for the opti-rest toolpath.

I have max depth set to z+.400, but toolpath stops cutting at Z2.300 as shown on picture #2

Should be as shown on picture #3. (created using old school surface pocket)

Any ideas or advice as to what I may be missing here? TIA

stock-model.thumb.jpg.46a4064f71b914c967db6ab3dbc3e96f.jpg

opti-rough-a.thumb.jpg.1fc4ebc022d34fdf6443f70c1d786fe7.jpg

opti-rough-b.jpg.fcb2a29d680e5b2ad719199b2c666134.jpg

check to see if tool holder collision is on, sometimes that can mess with it. Also check steep shallow settings, and finally check the skip pockets as mentioned, with the combination of the min radius settings in cut parameters. Maybe it does not think the tool fits....

Some times I will turn off the stock just to insure its doing what I want before converting to a rest rough operation..... And sometimes I create a whole new toolpath with all the same settings and that works, not sure why but some toolpaths just get hung up on something and a good old fashion restart of the system and fresh toolpath seem to solve the problem.... Thats all I got without actually seeing it

• Like 1