Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Gearbox Machining

jean

Pretty much any tool vendor has tools. Need to reach out to your local representative and have them come in and look at your application. Once the do them have them offer you a tooling quote on the tools and other things need to machine the part. Most will offer speeds and feed along with other recommendations to cut the part also.

Sight unseen hard to offer any more suggestions than that.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, motor-vater said:

Depending on what you are looking for AB tool, And or Xceliron. Randy at Xceliron is the man he has helped me get to some of the craziest precision custom tools you could dream of. And he loves the challenge!!!!

I sent Randy an email. 

43 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Pretty much any tool vendor has tools. Need to reach out to your local representative and have them come in and look at your application. Once the do them have them offer you a tooling quote on the tools and other things need to machine the part. Most will offer speeds and feed along with other recommendations to cut the part also.

Sight unseen hard to offer any more suggestions than that.

Thank you.. Sorry for the sloppy writing. 

Just now, bd41612 said:

Sumitomo has an entire division that does complex tools for things like automotive work.  Think machining engine block mains, the bores, web thickness, thrust bearing surfaces all in 1 tool.  If your doing high volumes or impossible geometry, I would give them a call.

Yeah! that's what I'm talking about. I used to use Holfelder out of Germany. 

I personally never used them, but I had the catalog.  They make tools for all of the big players out there.  I did get some tools quoted for some aerospace valves that were Inconel 718 ph cast and 6Al4V cast.  Pricewise was not bad and their design used off the shelf inserts.  My previous employer was a little cheap when it came to tooling, so I never saw a tool...