Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Curve all Edges not working on holes

Eddie P.

So I'm bringing in a SolidWorks model and trying to make all the edges selectable. So I'm using Curve all edges and boxing in and selecting the whole part, but when I End Selection and click the check mark, it only seems to create one edge and none of the holes on the part are selectable. Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting that I might have off? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What version of Mastercam?

You don't necessarily need edge curves to select machining geometry, you can select solids.  Make sure in the dialog box that it's set to "both" on creating curves on all edges.

These days I create fewer and fewer edges curves.... 

Thanks for the replies everyone. So analyzing the body shows that its a closed solid body. The strange thing is, someone from my company showed me how to do it on the same file, and when they do it, they can select all the edges and each hole on the part, but when I do it, it only allows me to select edges from one face. Everything else is still a closed solid. It's MasterCam 2021 btw. Thanks again for all the help.