Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Making a Haas beep

We currently run some parts on a Haas VF1, and we can't be out there waiting for it to stop. We have set it to beep at an M30, and that way we can hear when its done. If someone can't get out there right away it can get pretty annoying to everyone else. It beeps constantly until it is reset. So my question is, does anyone know if there is a way to make it beep just once? Maybe some other command to make it beep other than the beep at m30 setting?

Yes, from sleep mode, when it wakes up it will beep for 30 seconds. this would be slightly better, but it would still be awesome if it just had like a long beep right at the end of theprogram somehow, or if there was some way to change the sleep so it only gave you 5 seconds warning. Its possible theres nothing else to do, but theres always hope. lol Thanks for your help

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...could always install a compressor horn in the CAD-room...

Or two wires connected to the operator's arse. As soon as the green light goes, he gets a gentle reminder to change the parts... biggrin.giftongue.gif

James teh I'd be fun to work for.... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

While these are all great ideas, we might just hook up some kind of natural gas line to the thing, and have it shoot fire once or twice or maybe blow up. Seriously though, its not a problem with the operator changing the parts, its just a problem of no operator. Its not really something you put a guy on, if we even had an extra. It runs for 25 minutes and then just needs a part changed. Sometimes I'm in the middle of a toolpath and can't get out to it right away. So incessant beeping at a volume loud enough to hear can be an annoyance. I realize people should deal with it, but it seems like its worth a shot to try to figure out how to get it the way i want it. Thanks for all the advice.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

On a serious note Jeremy, does Haas have a function that woudl allow your Machine to e-mail you status reports or something liek that? My horizontals e-mail my cell phone when there's an alarm and I could have it e-mail me a status report every so often.

Natural Gas... that's pretty good. That would get someone's attention. biggrin.giftongue.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif

Hi Jeremy, check with your reseller or your local Haas outlet. Our new SL20 lathes and our VF3 beeps for 10 seconds at the end of every program. There is probably a setting in there somewhere. I will take a look tomorow to see on if I can find that particular setting, but give your reseller a call I am sure he can tell you in the matter of seconds.