Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Heidenhein iTNC 530

GVM

Hello, We are considering buying a machine with a Heidenhein iTNC 530 control and was hopeing to get some feedback from anybody using this control. It seems to be a powerful control. I have downloaded the user manuals from there web site. It looks like it will take a little getting use to but nothing too scary. We will be using Mastercam 85% of the time, at the machine 15%. Are the 3 axis posts supplied with Mastercam both conversational and ISO (g-code) pretty trouble free. Looking for any input to help us make a decision.

Thanks in Advance.

Gary, we've just taken delivery of a Tos horizontal with the Heidenhain 530 control within the last couple weeks and the guys on the floor really like it. The only problem I'm having is sending programs to the machine, the control has a network card and hard drive built into it, but I'm told that it's UNIX based system and that I can't post directly to the hard drive on the machine. I have to post the file locally and the fire up a program called TNCremotNT to be able to send the program over. Maybe someone can suggest a way to post directly to the machcine.

Neil.