Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC 2020 YCM MILL

This is how my post is set up.

Looks different than what your reply.

Confused  as what to do

ptap$            #Canned Tap Cycle
      if leadwell = 1, n$, "M29", *speed, e$
      if peck_tap = 0, peck1$ = 0  # disable peck tap
      j_tap = peck2$
      if (j_tap > 4) | (j_tap < 2), j_tap = 1
      pdrlcommonb
      if peck1$ = 0, n$, *sgdrlref, *sgdrill, pfxout, pfyout, pfzout, pcout, prdrlout, [if leadwell = 0, *j_tap], *feed, e$
      else, ptap_peck
      pcom_movea

ptap_peck    # (Peck Tapping)
      tap_depth = tosz$ - z_shift
      while tap_depth <> fmtrnd(depth$ - z_shift), ptap_peck2

ptap_peck2    # (Haas - Peck Tapping)
      pdrlcommonb
      tap_depth = tap_depth - abs(peck1$)
      if tap_depth < (depth$ - z_shift), tap_depth = fmtrnd(depth$ - z_shift)
      n$, *sgdrlref, *sgdrill, pfxout, pfyout, *tap_depth, pcout, pfrdrlout, *j_tap, *feed, e$
      pcom_movea

23 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Look for this in the post and see how it is defined.

leadwell = 1 

Posts have switches in them that control certain behavior for outputting NC Code. We call these global switches that control things like Comments, Lock codes or Brakes for Multi Axis machines. Some posts have a global switch for tapping to control feed per minute or feed per revolution. The post H.tom was referencing in his screen shot is what is is showing. You would open the post is a neutral text editor that doesn't ad or subtract characters when reading the .pst file. I have used CIMCO editor for over 20 years for this task that comes with each install of Mastercam. Mastercam had developed their own code editor that will show you predefined MP variables when using it. Problem is with all most every post even theirs they're are variables that are not predefined variables and if they are not predefined then Code expert will not let you know what they mean or are used for,

You search the post for every time leadwell is used and look for something that looks like what H.tom put up that is a switch. If the post doesn't have one then I suggest you get a hold of your reseller.

Welcome to the forum. By The Way my name is Ron Branch doing what I do how I do it for majority of people over the last 35+ years has been called Crazy and I give credit to God for the High Power this Millman can do the work I get to do. Though I am not bad a turning, EDM, Conventional, and many other things related to Manufacturing. No one is an expert in this profession, or perfect and done everything there is to do in my humble opinion. We are all learning and doing our best to feed our familes and keep a roof over our heads. 

8 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

leadwell = 1 

Posts have switches in them that control certain behavior for outputting NC Code. We call these global switches that control things like Comments, Lock codes or Brakes for Multi Axis machines. Some posts have a global switch for tapping to control feed per minute or feed per revolution. The post H.tom was referencing in his screen shot is what is is showing. You would open the post is a neutral text editor that doesn't ad or subtract characters when reading the .pst file. I have used CIMCO editor for over 20 years for this task that comes with each install of Mastercam. Mastercam had developed their own code editor that will show you predefined MP variables when using it. Problem is with all most every post even theirs they're are variables that are not predefined variables and if they are not predefined then Code expert will not let you know what they mean or are used for,

You search the post for every time leadwell is used and look for something that looks like what H.tom put up that is a switch. If the post doesn't have one then I suggest you get a hold of your reseller.

Welcome to the forum. By The Way my name is Ron Branch doing what I do how I do it for majority of people over the last 35+ years has been called Crazy and I give credit to God for the High Power this Millman can do the work I get to do. Though I am not bad a turning, EDM, Conventional, and many other things related to Manufacturing. No one is an expert in this profession, or perfect and done everything there is to do in my humble opinion. We are all learning and doing our best to feed our familes and keep a roof over our heads. 

8 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

leadwell = 1 

But, I do not have Lradwell Mill.

This is foir  YCM VMC with Fanuc control