Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to Set Arc Center Points off by Default? (Solved)

Isaiah

We recently upgraded to a new computer, moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and from Mastercam 2022 to Mastercam 2023. As a result, our configurations were reset to the default. I don't know if this is due to an update or just going back to the default settings, but I started to notice little orange dots and discovered the 'Arc Center Points' toggle in the display tab.

Is there any way I can default this setting to be off when I open Mastercam? I can turn it off manually, but it's a little tedious having to do that every time. I tried looking at the 'Customize Ribbon' tab, but I'm not seeing an option for that - only an option to remove the setting from the ribbon (it's greyed out, but I'm assuming that's just because it's not a custom group? Either way, I don't want to remove it. I just want it to not be enabled by default).

Any help would be appreciated

UPDATE:

The problem was what Aaron Eberhard suggested. I had multiple instances of Mastercam open, so when I closed it, the setting didn't save.

Thanks to everyone who replied, your help was indeed appreciated

6 minutes ago, #Rekd™ said:

On the Home Tab - Display there is an Arc Center Points command.

Does that actually turn them off like in settings or just hide them? Or is this completely different than what I posted? 

All of the visual/command/customized/window visibility & position/etc. (anything not in Settings>Config) are saved when you exit Mastercam.   The problem is, if you have multiple copies of Mastercam open, the last one to close is the settings that get saved.  I often see people have 3 copies open, change one, close it, then later on close one of the "stock" ones, and then those settings are used when the next one is opened, not the customized ones.

If you're trying to set yourself up, open only one copy of Mastercam, change any settings you want to be changed then exit Mastercam.  So in this case, turn off Home > Display > Arc Center Points, then exit your only copy Mastercam.  

If it's still happening, then your user .workspace file is set to read only or you don't have privileges to edit/save it, and you'll need to talk to IT about why that is.  They're stored for each user in C:\Users\XxxxX\Documents\My Mastercam 202x\Mastercam\CONFIG

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

I used to like seeing the arc centers in X9 and earlier. Since upgrading from X9 to 2023, they seem annoying for some reason. I can't put my finger on it, but something just seems different about them. So I turned them off. Now I can't decide if I'm more annoyed that they're not there or by the look of them when they're visible. 🤣

• Haha 3
  • Isaiah changed the title to How to Set Arc Center Points off by Default? (Solved)