Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2D Spiral Toolpath

tiredtoolmaker

For anyone who can think way back to X7....For example, a 2D toolpath that has a constant inward spiral with a .050 stepover so I can use a 5" slitting saw to part off pieces of 2" plastic round stock on a vertical mill. I've played with Dynamic Core but can't control the stepover. I know Circle Mill will do the trick but I wanted to know of a constant feed-in spiral if there is one. As you can see in the Dynamic Core image, the spiral doesn't have a constant stepover distance.

Capture.PNG

this is how to do it old school

use the curve/spiral command to draw a spiral representing the C/L of your tool

then use the command Break Many/arcs . Some experimentation will be required to get the tolerance right so you have a smooth

toolpath made up of arcs, not a million tiny point to point lines

Chain it,  set the toolpath to C/L and call it a day