Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Simulation Quality

Jobnt

Is there a better way to get good quality in simulation? I've got my settings at max precision and this is the best I can get. The radii are .039" and I can't verify blends with these HUGE scallops.

Simulation on left, mastercam on right (or bottom depending on ur resolution). 

image.thumb.png.668447434469bb99f5bceebd78dee999.png image.thumb.png.ca9f9443db9014b879d282f991fe2976.png

3 hours ago, gcode said:

What are the specs on your video card

also

go into your Verify settings and make sure it is set to always use the 5 axis engine

Nvidia Quadro P2200 

image.png.f53eabfa722763a2c297edc47d1395dd.png

Always use 5th axis is checked. 

12 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

If you're on a 3Axis... just use stock model. You can get that down pretty tight. 

This is on a 5 axis trunion. Will try that as well but when I used it a couple months ago I had mixed results. Will go through all my settings again and make sure I didn't miss anything. 

Thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

Click in the Verification tab, zoom to the area you want to see, then click "Apply Refine"

This will temporarily eliminate the part of the model that isn't in the current view.

Edit:  This is in the Machine Simulation Verify, not the Simulator Verify... it's the one that can be accessed using Ctrl+Shift+M 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Steelab said:

Click in the Verification tab, zoom to the area you want to see, then click "Apply Refine"

This will temporarily eliminate the part of the model that isn't in the current view.

Edit:  This is in the Machine Simulation Verify, not the Simulator Verify... it's the one that can be accessed using Ctrl+Shift+M 

Machin Sim is greyed out, "is not available for this type of operation" or something. 

I found the Data tab in Sim Options and set the Curve and Workpiece tolerances from .0005 to .0001 and that gave me much better results. Seems odd that such a small change made such a big difference in the faceting. From an accuracy of around .03" down to .0005" or so. Did kind of slow things down during simulation but at least I can see what I'm cutting now.

Thanks all !

27 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

If doing 5-Axis/5-Seded work, you may have to do the stock model in stages to keep the re-positions from violating the part.

Yeah, it yells at me when I try to do 4 and 5 axis stuff but typically renders OK.