Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Only Display Selected Toolpaths

Jobnt

When you turn this on, whatever toolpaths you have selected get turned on. 

When you turn this off, whatever toolpaths you have selected do not get turned on. 

Why can't the feature turn them off like it turns them on?

20 minutes ago, Jobnt said:

When you turn this on, whatever toolpaths you have selected get turned on. 

When you turn this off, whatever toolpaths you have selected do not get turned on. 

Why can't the feature turn them off like it turns them on?

image.png.1f01a9d934a5f12b1fe0421abb3a5bf0.png

only display selected toolpaths had to be checked, then toggle with Toggle display on selected operations

image.png.b29ecef4ec5a2f488a69f57346347dbb.png

1 hour ago, Jobnt said:

Just curious what the logic was when this was created (if there was any) where it's one click to turn on any selected paths, but two to turn them off.  

you would have to ask someone older, I can't remember it not being that way ?

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Confused since I only ever use one button to turn them off and not two.

3 Operations selected. Toolpaths turned off (not visible). 

Click Display Selected Toolpaths, 3 Operation's toolpaths turn on.

Click Display Selected Toolpath again, 3 Operation's toolpath's are still on.

Click Toggle Display of Selected Toolpaths (or press T) to turn 3 Operation's toolpath's off.

My question is, why does one click turn them on, but it takes two clicks to turn them off?

Or, if what you say is true and you only use one click to turn them off, how?

I don't use only display selected toolpaths button. I use just the toggle toolpath display for the selected operations and call it a day. I am only every working with what I do or do not want to see. We all use it differently and it sounds like since you use it the way you do it creates the extra mouse click. I don't like the only display selected toolpath process so I am not having to do the extra steps why I am confused.

• Thanks 1
  • Huh? 1
28 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

I don't use only display selected toolpaths button. I use just the toggle toolpath display for the selected operations and call it a day. I am only every working with what I do or do not want to see. We all use it differently and it sounds like since you use it the way you do it creates the extra mouse click. I don't like the only display selected toolpath process so I am not having to do the extra steps why I am confused.

Now I'm curious why you chimed in on the subject that clearly stated the topic was about Display Only Selected Toolpaths and say something completely off topic? :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, #Rekd™ said:

Select the toolpaths you want to display and then click Alt-T.

I use this feature to find operations. I can Arrow Down (or Up) and see toolpaths flash before my eyes. When you have hundreds of operations it's easier to see a toolpath flash than it is to read a bunch of Operation Comments to find what you're looking for. 

:edit: Come to think of it, having the level manager toggle on and off when it's selected would be a nice feature, too. Especially when you have literally hundreds of levels. 

46 minutes ago, Jobnt said:

Now I'm curious why you chimed in on the subject that clearly stated the topic was about Display Only Selected Toolpaths and say something completely off topic? :rolleyes:

On 5/2/2023 at 6:00 AM, Jobnt said:

Just curious what the logic was when this was created (if there was any) where it's one click to turn on any selected paths, but two to turn them off.  

You asked a specific question about mouse clicks related to the topic and I answered that specific question. If that isn't related then sorry to chime in trying to offer my thoughts. 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

You asked a specific question about mouse clicks related to the topic and I answered that specific question. If that isn't related then sorry to chime in trying to offer my thoughts. 

I sure did ask a specific question!! :lol:

image.png.cae81d3a50f789f9f118f6124049af47.png

I do appreciate the effort, though. :thumbsup:

• Huh? 1

By using additional and or sub toolpath groups to organize your toolpaths by operation type (roughing vs finishing) or cutter diameters or operation # or what ever makes sense. This allows you to isolate toolpaths easily. Then by having stock models in your process allows you to just process the selected toolpaths for verify. 

Make sure to use color loop in Verify, very helpful in finding where any gouges or problems are occurring.

• Thanks 1