Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

toolpath idea

mirek1017

None I would use 2D ramp with planes as each index. I like the fact I can set a start and end position that will be above the highest place and below the lowest. With a 5 Axis toolpath we have the extend feature, but no need to over complicate things when it is not needed.

Okay that is a completely different things that what i was seeing when looking at the picture. That is a full 4 axis operation not a 3 axis operation since the wall is not normal to a plane. Then yes a 5 axis operation would be good here. A couple different ways, but I would cheat here. I would make a dumbed down solid with floors and then use pocketing. How would could a programmer go about that process with a part like this? (BTW notice you get a lot of help. That is because you share a file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

We use Model Prep and make a solid from the pockets with create verses remove. Then use Wall Finishing method and Cutting Method Spiral and I think it will be what you are looking for.

image.png.dbe4a991ae445fb5d0662ac08c12b03b.png

We could think about other ways, but this should be a good start.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Okay that is a completely different things that what i was seeing when looking at the picture. That is a full 4 axis operation not a 3 axis operation since the wall is not normal to a plane. Then yes a 5 axis operation would be god here. A couple different ways, but I would cheat here. I would make a dumbed down solid with floors and then use pocketing. How would could a programmer go about that process with a part like this? (BTW notice you get a lot of help. That is because you share a file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

We use Model Prep and make a solid from the pockets with create verses remove. Then use Wall Finishing method and Cutting Method Spiral and I think it will be what you are looking for.

image.png.dbe4a991ae445fb5d0662ac08c12b03b.png

We could think about other ways, but this should be a good start.

haw  I can fix this ?

image.thumb.png.1da7a9429e63830aa4efc7ea2d5bd329.png

I noticed that files has two different types of pockets in it. Which ones are you trying to machine? 2 of them have sets of walls normal to the center line and 2 of them are what I would call true 4 axis pockets. I could machine the ones showing there in a 3+2 with two indexes. The other two for me were not proving to do what I was thinking. In what you have there I would make a dummy floor surface and try the pocketing. I couldn't get spiral work with the flat endmill. If you didn't want Helix motion I would swarf these and call it a day, but since you have specifically asked for that I have tried to point you in that direction as easily as possible. I would probably revert back to Unified with Morph between two curves and then try spiral there, but sorry just don't have a lot time today to do more than I have already done.

Kind of hoping Dylan, Aaron, Rekd, Colin, Jparis would chime in to offer there thoughts.