Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lock the post

Hi guy's

I am maybe turning alittle paranoid cuckoo.gif

But I have spend alot of my free time modifing a post that I am using. Now one of the guy's here have a job, were he would love some of the things I got in my modified post. I dont have a problem sharing my post within the company, but I am kind of scared that this post one day gets modified by some firebounce.gif . Is there someway I can lock the post from being edited, or something????

Thanks

Lars

There's a program for/from MC that will, depending on where the flags are set, turn any part of your program into binary, so you have 2 files. Problem is, you can't change it back, so you need to keep a copy of it somewhere.

I'll look in the a.m. for the process exactally.

'Rekd

Ok, so I have already proved to you guy's in this topic that I am not very intellegent.

biggrin.gif

quote:

The first thing to do is rename the original file with extension .PSM

Have I just lost all my visdom, or did WIN2000 changes, I use to change file extension back in the old days, now I can not figure out how to do it (wish there was a instant Graemlin that cryed)

Thanks

Lars

Look on your folder options. It has a place there for sohing file extension just just or uncheck it and all should be good from there. Then just left click one on the file then few seconds later click again and then change it to what you want. Do not forget to copy that post before doing any of this.

HTH

press F2 with that file highlighted and change it to postname.psm

If you want to make a copy first, in windows explorer highlight the filename, then copy it and then paste it. It will make a new file "Copy of xxxxx", then you can press F2 to rename it.

Hope this helps,