Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sandvik Tool Library Add-In - Mastercam 2024

I know we figured that these synergistic moves were going to be part of the Sandvik deal.

Didn't know we would have to pony up for a subscription, lol. Also, the BUY NOW button next to the tools is missing.

https://www.sandvik.coromant.com/en-gb/tools/digitalmachining/coroplus-tool-library/coroplus_tool_library_add_in_for_mastercam

Aside from suggesting tools and inserts, EXTREMELY relevant to know how many grams of carbon emissions each tool will be responsible for. I know I have always been worried about that - for roughing passes especially.

• Haha 1

That add-on has ben available for some time,... and the are proud of it  🙂

If you register on the Sandvik site you can download models for free and use their tool assembly capabilities for free as well.

It took me a while to figure out the web based tools assembly utility, but it is worth the trouble if you are doing a lot of work with Capto

assemblies. It will not let you make an incorrect assembly.  This is very helpful building Capto based lathe tools as it's easy to screw up

and order a left hand cutting tool and a right hand adapter.

The difference between free and paid is the ability to import directly into a Mastercam library.

I just down load the individual components as stp file and use them to make holders.

Then I assemble the holders and tools into assemblies with the Edit Assembly feature in the part file Tool Manager.

The log in screen is new.

I was using this last week and the Master and Autodesk options were not there

Sandvik login screen.jpg

• Thanks 1

:lol:

41 minutes ago, SuperHoneyBadger said:

EXTREMELY relevant to know how many grams of carbon emissions each tool will be responsible for. I know I have always been worried about that - for roughing passes especially.

Classic.

That whole glow ball warming thing is getting pretty stupid. People eat that xxxx up like it was real.

But, but, but... Muh cow farts!!! :lol: