Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Plunge Rate for Flowline Mastercam 2023

Izzat

What version of Mastercam? When you reached out to your Mastercam reseller and asked them about it what was their response? I am aware of bootleg / illegal copies of Mastercam doing this and sorry if you take me saying that the wrong way, but after 20 years on being on this forum I don't give the benefit of the doubt as much any more. Prove your legit share a Z2G and we can see what you're seeing without it you might have gotten all the help you are going to get.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Based on the screenshot of your backplot, it doesn't look like you have any plunge feed motion.....are you referring to where the tool is stepping down between each depth? That's considered a "gap" and in order to get that to use your plunge and retract feed rates, go to "gap settings" in the parameters page and check the "use plunge, retract rate in gap" box. 

• Like 1
On 8/3/2023 at 5:51 PM, AHarrison1 said:

Yes, either contacting  CNC Software (Mastercam) or share your file here so other can see what you are seeing.

Out of curiosity, what parameters have you set in Surface parameters of the toolpath?

image.png.8e3dec8b8234cc18ac002703a1d99079.png

image.png.93ff56cadc557d45f3739740869ea97f.png

I've already run the program, it's just a rectangular WP with a 73 degree angle at the edge, 

It was alright although the surface wasn't as smooth as my senior's.

Is roughing still necessary for a 10mm thickness WP? or is it alright for me to just do finishing flowline straight for the angle>

I've contacted the reseller , it's all good now, thanks for the advice. 

On 8/3/2023 at 8:33 PM, crazy^millman said:

What version of Mastercam? When you reached out to your Mastercam reseller and asked them about it what was their response? I am aware of bootleg / illegal copies of Mastercam doing this and sorry if you take me saying that the wrong way, but after 20 years on being on this forum I don't give the benefit of the doubt as much any more. Prove your legit share a Z2G and we can see what you're seeing without it you might have gotten all the help you are going to get.

Mastercam 2024, as much as I want to prove the legitity of my software, i just started me job as a CAM programmer this month (Never had any experience with Mastercam before), previously only learned CAD CAM on CATIA, not sure what am I suppose to share in a Z2G. 

Just finished my training this week for the basics on 2D operations. 

On 8/4/2023 at 2:05 AM, TFarrell9 said:

Based on the screenshot of your backplot, it doesn't look like you have any plunge feed motion.....are you referring to where the tool is stepping down between each depth? That's considered a "gap" and in order to get that to use your plunge and retract feed rates, go to "gap settings" in the parameters page and check the "use plunge, retract rate in gap" box. 

Thanks for the advice, figured it out while fiddling with the parameters.

• Like 1
On 8/3/2023 at 12:06 AM, Izzat said:

I've tried reinitializing the tool, but the toolpath and G-Code still show an excessive plunge rate,

By reporting to the CNC software you mean asking Mastercam itself?

image.png

You mentioned you "figured it out", but your Feed Plane, was set too low. So the tool was moving downwards, at Rapid, until the last little bit.

Free Mastercam Training Materials:

https://www.inhousesolutions.com/resource/mastercam-2023-training-links/?fbclid=IwAR37BKhkMZ2SFG6_3x2l54fH-hdj9hCVQti4mQtgs0mPhoYu_uPEH1h_SYc

On 8/3/2023 at 5:33 AM, crazy^millman said:

You have fully achieved "grumpy old man" status!!!! I aspire to be like you!!

On 8/11/2023 at 12:51 AM, Izzat said:

image.png.93ff56cadc557d45f3739740869ea97f.png

I've already run the program, it's just a rectangular WP with a 73 degree angle at the edge, 

It was alright although the surface wasn't as smooth as my senior's.

Is roughing still necessary for a 10mm thickness WP? or is it alright for me to just do finishing flowline straight for the angle>

I've contacted the reseller , it's all good now, thanks for the advice. 

Mastercam 2024, as much as I want to prove the legitity of my software, i just started me job as a CAM programmer this month (Never had any experience with Mastercam before), previously only learned CAD CAM on CATIA, not sure what am I suppose to share in a Z2G. 

Just finished my training this week for the basics on 2D operations. 

Thanks for the advice, figured it out while fiddling with the parameters.

That is all you had to say upfront and then I along with others would have a good idea how to help. Glad your headed in the right direction.

Have a good day.

• Like 1