Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2024 BUG--save to default vs viewsheets

cruzila

tried to save a model chamfer operation to defaults. It erased, deleted, wiped out ALL Viewsheets!!

This was posted on the MC site and already has a number, so just FYI here.

"We have this in the system as R-35372. The equally annoying workaround is to save the file before saving to defaults. The viewsheets are still removed but reopening the file brings them back."

• Huh? 2
  • Sad 1
  • 2 months later...

This just bit me in the you know what again. Saved over it before I realized my mistake. I think ANY save to defaults wipes out saved viewsheets!! Maybe I should just go back to 2023 and ask my boss if he wants to keep paying for nothing.

I'm just glad I don't have more than 10 or 100 viewsheets or so like Ron does,

• Like 1
On 8/8/2023 at 2:49 PM, cruzila said:

tried to save a model chamfer operation to defaults. It erased, deleted, wiped out ALL Viewsheets!!

This was posted on the MC site and already has a number, so just FYI here.

"We have this in the system as R-35372. The equally annoying workaround is to save the file before saving to defaults. The viewsheets are still removed but reopening the file brings them back."

Huh, so that's what happened to me the other day...

I'm having an issue with viewsheet groups, to add to the discussion:

Opened a 22 file in 24. Saved a copy with a new rev #.

Made a viewsheet group hoping to orgaznize the sheets from the previous version, and separate them by REV.

When adding a sheet to the group, it just makes a copy with the exact same name, and nothing is put inside the group,

If you delete the duplicate or original sheet without renaming one even after renaming one, you can't click or use the remaining sheet. I'm thinking since they shared the exact same name, there is an issue.

Anyone else having grouping issues? I found a thread from earlier in the year during the beta, but no threads on sheets since - other than this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey there,

I don't know if this helps with this type of bug, but I ran into a cross multi issue when searching the interwebs for a error writing database to disk in MasterCam.

Turns out it was tied( I  don't necessarily know how it tied together) to deleting a temporary viewsheet. I got the "error writing database to disk" and then I noticed that it only happened after I deleted a temporary viewsheet. 

Now after some fiddling it keeps adding a temporary viewsheet at random, sometimes it adds it when I open the file, but I now have a bunch of unwanted temporary viewsheets that A= I right click and don't have the option to delete or B= It is the viewsheet that I can delete, but if I delete it I get the error writing database to disk when trying to save.

Things to note

Happened on MasterCam 2023

I have tried to repair the file with no change in this overall issue.

If that helps in any way there you go 🙂

Or if someone know what's going on and can help Thanks!!